The organizers, JPR Events and ODC Network, made the announcement amidst a press conference organized by Timilsina in the capital.[break]
National Sports Council Employee Association (NSCEA), who had booked the stadium and taken responsibility of the management for the concert, on Monday had accused Ansari of demanding Rs 700,000 for the stadium. Timilsina had sought Rs 1 million and had time and again threatened to obstruct the concert otherwise.
As an evidence for their allegations, NSCEA had produced a recorded telephonic conversation between NSCEA President Narayandev Rana and Ansari.
However, Samdel Sherpa, the director of JPR Events and Simant Gurung, the executive director of ODC Network denied the allegations against Timilsina. "We had not known and met Timilsina before this and the news regarding Timilsina has saddened us and drawn our serious attention.
Timilsina has not asked a single penny from us," Gurung of JPR Events, who was sitting next to Timilsina said. Sherpa also echoed Gurung.
NSC Vice-president Timilsina in his clarification said that the allegations against him were baseless. He also challenged NSCEA to prove their allegations. "The news yesterday had hurt my family, relatives and supporters," he added.
Timilsina added that he had protested against NSCEA´s move of booking the stadium for the concert. "I have heard that NSCEA had booked the stadium saying they themselves would organize a cultural show. But I protested in the capacity of NSC vice-president after I learnt that they had given the stadium to the concert organizers by accepting bribe."
However, the concert organizers said they have given only 500,000 as rental charge of the stadium as per the rule of NSC, which owns the stadium. The NSC has provided the rental charge of Rs 500,000 as per NSC´s provision of providing the grant to NSCEA.
Timilsina also criticized NSC Member-secretary Hari Babu Chaudhary´s move of providing the amount to NSCEA as grant, adding: "The member secretary holds the right to provide only Rs 24,999 as grant, otherwise he should get it approved from the board meeting, and he has not done that so far."
Meanwhile, Samim Miya Ansari reiterated that he had asked the amount for NSC, but not as a bribe. He also said that he had asked for the file regarding the venue agreement and approval from NSC as NSCEA has hidden them.
The CIAA has failed us