header banner

3 injured in Sunsari blast

alt=
By No Author
ITAHARI, Aug 4: A bomb disposal squad of the Nepal Army (NA) defused a socket bomb found at the house of Rameshwor Mehata in Babiya-3 of Sunsari on Thursday morning.



Three persons had been injured when a bomb went off in Mehata’s house last night, said DSP Yamuna Rajak of the District Police Office, Sunsari. [break]



Following the blast, police had thoroughly searched the house and found the socket bomb, Rajak informed.



Mohammad Sahir Mansoori, 30, of Sripur-3, Narayan Mehata, 18, and Shyam Mehata, 20, of Babiya-3 were injured in the explosion.



Of the injured, Mansoori has been referred to Biratnagar-based Neuro Hospital, whereas the other two are undergoing treatment at the district hospital, Inaruwa.



All the three injured are affiliated to an armed outfit operating in the estern Terai region, according to police.



Police also said the bomb might have gone off while being stored at the house by the armed outfit members.



Police have detained house owner Mehata for questioning. Further investigation into the incident is underway.



Related story

Train with 53 bogies carrying blast arrives in Janakpur

Related Stories
SOCIETY

One killed, two injured in pickup truck accident i...

Accident_20220816184519.jpg
SOCIETY

Two including a policeman injured as police fire s...

firing-Sept20.jpg
SOCIETY

Hearings of Janakpur bomb blast begins after six y...

Hearings of Janakpur bomb blast begins after six years
SOCIETY

Treatment of Chand-led party cadres injured in bom...

1668661940_biplav-1200x560(1)_20221117113333.jpg
SOCIETY

Home Minister Khand directs authorities to expedit...

BalKrishnaKhand_20220116123730.jpg